East Tennessee Is One Of The Beautiful Areas In The Nation. And One Of The Most Attractive For Business. Here’s Why.
Located within a day’s drive of 70% of the U.S. population, with a pro-business environment, talented workforce, a diverse economy, a climate of mild seasons, and a natural beauty, the Knoxville-Oak Ridge-Smoky Mountain’s region of East Tennessee is the perfect location for business and a great quality of life.
- 15-County Area in Knoxville Region
- Junction of Interstates 40, 75 and 81
- Major Regional Airport – Over 120 Daily Flights and 19 Non-Stop Destination
- Population of Over 1 Million
- Workforce of Over 560,000
- Over 55,000 College and University Students
Recognition and Accolades:
- Knoxville Named a Top 25 Solar America City by the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Tennessee’s Interstate 40 is the Best Road in the U.S. in Overdrive Magazine’s Highway Report Card. This is the third year in a row that I-40 has been ranked number 1.
- Tennessee’s Overall Road System Ranked 3rd Best in the Nation by Overdrive Magazine for the 10th year in a row.
- Tennessee Ranks Second in Site Selection Magazine’s 2008 State Business Climate Survey. Among the strengths cited by numerous corporate executives were the state’s incentives offerings, work force, higher education resources and economic development team.
- Development Counselors International named Tennessee as fourth in the nation for the best business climate.
- Metropolitan Knoxville Ranked Number 10 in 2008 Best Metro Areas for Business and Careers by Forbes Magazine.
- Tennessee Ranked Number 3 in Site Selection Magazine 2007 “Governor’s Cup”.
- Knoxville Ranked Number 9 on the list of America’s 50 Hottest Cities in 2006 by Expansion Management Magazine.
- Knoxville Ranked Best Place in U.S. for Recent College Graduates by the Economic Research Institute in 2006.