While the Covid-19 pandemic led to a trend of many corporate tenants downsizing their office space footprint, the Knoxville, Tennessee, market benefitted from the growth of companies in many industries. According to Bill Lewis with Livability, five industries in Knoxville are “poised for growth and job creation,” including:
- Health, largely thanks to synergies between the University of Tennessee and Oak Ridge National Laboratory
- Information Technology, which benefits from employees who have found Knoxville to be a great place to live for remote work
- Entertainment, including Knoxville companies, such as RIVR Media and Warner Brothers Discovery, creating widely known television shows on HGTV, TLC, Food Network, Animal Planet, and others
- Sustainability, due to Tennessee Valley Authority’s presence in Knoxville and designation of the City as “a Platinum Valley Sustainable Community.” Another company contributing to sustainability growth, The Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI’s), building was developed by Blue Ridge Development in April of 2001.
- Finance and Investing, including the company Greater Sum Ventures, which occupies the Blue Ridge developed property One Lakeside Centre, and is known for its ministry-focused software solutions.
Knoxville has many leaders to thank for its tremendous growth, including those at the University of Tennessee, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, and the Knoxville Chamber, with its emphasis on supporting entrepreneurs and the area’s urban wilderness.
Blue Ridge Realty and Development are proud to touch all areas of the Knoxville economy through our Class A office space, specifically designed for corporate office tenants, our subdivisions developed by Blue Ridge Development, which make the ideal location for remote work, and our newly underway Marina & RV Resort, which will soon contribute to the East Tennessee recreation scene in Rockwood, TN.