Of course you want a great space for your business. You want a space that reflects your company brand, that works for the day to day operations of your business and one that fits your budget. Let’s take a look at five important factors you should address before you find the perfect address to print on your business card and stationery!
- You’ve heard it before when it comes to real estate ¬– location, location, location! But there’s a reason why this phrase is so important. You want to choose a location that’s easy for your clients to access but one that’s also easy for your employees to get to. Also, consider what’s nearby. Is there easy access to the interstate or main thoroughfares? What about restaurants, shopping and banks, so employees can quickly and easily run errands at lunch.
- When considering what to spend, make sure the space is priced in line with comparable commercial office spaces in the area. Don’t get too little space that you outgrow it in a year but don’t get so much that you struggle to pay rent. Ask about the hidden costs such as maintenance and yearly increases.
- We touched on size in the previous topic, but a general rule of thumb is to plan for 70 square feet per person for individual work spaces, or around 150 sq. ft. per person for total space which would include common areas and open, collaborative workspaces.
- Most commercial real estate spaces have internet access available to the building but depending on what type of service you provide, you may need more than the basics. Discuss with your real estate agent what type of services you provide and the type of infrastructure you’ll require. Suppose you’re a title company and you deal with signed documents daily. Postal services may be crucial for your business while not even a blip on a radar for someone else.
- What’s your “vision” for your business? Do you see yourself as a modern business that’s housed in an open loft with high ceilings and open spaces? Or are you more traditional, preferring a quieter setting with fewer common areas? Knowing the vision you have for your business and how you wish to portray yourself speaks to many of these factors. It can impact where you look, how much you’ll pay for space and how much customization may be required to get exactly what you want.
No matter what you’re looking for, Blue Ridge Realty’s highly experienced agents will work hard to find you the perfect location at a price that fits your budget. Let’s get started! 865.470.4868